10 Interesting Facts About The Dallas Cowboys
The Dallas Cowboys are one of the most iconic teams in all of sports. The professional football team is a member of the National Football Conference of the NFL. The Cowboys have had a very successful history in the league. As the Dallas Cowboys are my favorite sports team, I have compiled a list of some of the best facts about the franchise. Here are 10 interesting facts about the Dallas Cowboys:
1) The Dallas Cowboys were established in 1960 as an expansion team.
2) The Dallas Cowboys have won the Super Bowl five times. They won Super Bowl VI, XII, XXVII, XXVIII, and XXX.
3) The Dallas Cowboys have played in the playoffs in 31 different seasons. These years include: 1966-1973, 1975-1983, 1985, 1991-1996, 1998, 1999, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, and 2014.
4) In 1990, the Cowboys began a streak of 160 sold-out regular and post-season games. This included 79 straight sellouts at their former home, Texas Stadium, and 81 straight sell-outs on the road.
5) The Cowboys are the only team in NFL history to record 20 straight winning seasons: 1966-1985
6) The Dallas Cowboys have several different nicknames, including America’s Team, Doomsday Defense, The Boys and Big D.
7) The Dallas Cowboys are the wealthiest team in the NFL, with an estimated value of approximately $4 billion. They generate almost $620 million in annual revenue.
8) The Dallas Cowboys do not actually play their games in Dallas. They currently play their home games in Arlington, Texas.
9) The team mascot is Rowdy
10) The current owner, president, and general manager is Jerry Jones. The head coach is currently (2014) Jason Garrett.